Sunday, March 21, 2010

Resolutions of New Year's Past





Get healthy, lose weight, take better care of your skin, buy an rrsp, find love, get a better job, quit smoking, do better in school, etc... Resolutions for the new year- does anyone ever stick to them?

My New Year's Resolution took a different spin this year. I resolved to make myself happy. Whatever that means, I haven't quite figured it out yet. I made this resolution because it is not something that is a passing fad. Happiness directly affects you and everyone around you. If I don't stick to this resolution I am telling myself that being happy in my life is not that important and that I am ok with living a dead end life that makes me miserable. I am NOT ok with that.

What makes me happy? There are a few things that make me truly happy. 1) Going for long walks. 2) Snuggling up in the couch with my sweetie. 3) Eating vegetables fresh out of my own garden. If I can squeeze more of these into my everyday life will I be closer to happiness? Maybe a little. But, I also need to factor in other aspects of my life that are not necessarily perfect- work, family, partner, home, etc. I need to get to the point where I can change the things in my life that are not quite right or be willing to accept them in all their flawed glory.


So, what makes you happy? Comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Happyness is:
    1. being in the forest 2. going for long walks 3. eating veggies out of Jovan's garden 4. sunsets and sunrises 5. having time to spend with friends and family 6. discovering new places 7. hanging out at VB 8. kayaking 9. climbing 10. rocks!

    ReplyDelete